Saturday, March 04, 2006

Some cool things have happened lately. After my husband contacted one of his friends he hadn't talked to in about 10 years, he sent them to our website. The guys wife read my blog and sent me a wonderful email.... so Libby THANKS! We are now trading our mom stories. It's cool cause we have so much in common.

The other cool thing is that I made up with a past friend. It was a difficult thing for me to do with her. I had gone to her during a extremely crappy time in my life for support and guidance and she had dumped me. She believed another's person's lies and sob stories over what was the truth and it made me look bad. Instead of being a shoulder for me I was left with no one.

Now I am usually pretty independant and can handle most things on my own but this, like I said, was an exceptionally crappy time. I had my best friend in high school do that to me as well. Dump me when I needed her support the most...so it happening a second time really cause me to have some serious trust issues. I still have them. It takes me a VERY VERY long time to trust anyone now. I have a hard time opening up and letting someone in to know how I really feel and if I need emotional support....

but me and this person made up the other day. I even cried. We have talked off and on since the incident... and we started talking about it that day. She apologized for not being there for me and listening to the other idiot instead of both sides. It meant a lot to me to know that she didn't think bad of me, and that she was sorry. Whoo hoo! good things do happen!!

Had a pretty good weekend too. Kenzie went and stayed with the grandparents Friday night. Yes they are back from their long vacation to Texas. I was so glad to see them and so were the girls. Kenzie had a great time over there..she was totally worn out today when she came home. Poor thing, we have started letting her eat "big people" food and she had bad poo poo tonight. She wouldn't eat lunch today so I think she had a tummy ache. Poor lil thing.. I hate it when she doesn't feel good.

Brad and I went out to eat at the BrewPub.. I had a Raspberry wheat beer and a big fat juicy hamburger:.......not on the diet.... oh yeah and greasy french fries. It was sooooooooooooo good! Then we came home and sat and vegged out in the hot tub. It was nice to be able to both get in at the same time. Usually one of us is watching the girls while the other is in the tub.

Today was lazy as well. We sat around doing nothing. Kenzie came home around noon thirty. We put her down for her nap and watched Walk the Line. Pretty good movie. Went to the grocery store, had dinner, and played with the girls. A very quiet, nice, weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's twice now you've made me tear up.

Keep this up and I won't be able to talk to you anymore. :p

Glad to hear you had a great weekend. Talk to you soon.