Saturday, March 18, 2006

St. Patrick's Day


Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!




Okay so it was really yesterday. I know I know, but we went to a party and didn't get home til after midnight. I had to rock the baby back to sleep and then Brad passed out on the bed with no sheets on it...so I had to put covers on my pillows and find someway to sleep in the bed on some blankets because I HATE sleeping on the bed with no sheets.

We had a really nice St. Patrick's Day. I got the girls up early and we got our breakfasts in early and I had my exercise done by 9 a.m. Kenzie fell asleep on me around 11:3o so I even got a shower in before noon! When the girls woke up, I got them ready and they went to grandma and grandpa's!!! Kenzie was spending the night again; we had to go and pick Lyanna up when we came home from our party.

Brad came home from work and got in the hot tub. I actually got caught up on some of the laundry...but as you read up in the first para. I stripped the sheets of our bed and didn't get them put back on...much to my disappointment later on in the evening. We went to a party at our friend Steve's house.

Steve embraces his Irish heritage whole heartedly! It's so much fun to go over there and hang out on St. Patty's. We had homemade Guiness Beef Stew, Irish soda bread, Irish Beer, and lots of sweet deserts! Oh yeah, I had made a cheese cake to take over there. Last year when we went I was so pregnant and I got sick and had to come home early. This year I was so looking forward to going!

There was a good turnout and we soon settled down in the living room and chatted with our friends. When everyone had a pretty good buzz going we broke out the games, or I should say THE game. We played Shout About Movies. It is soooo much fun. I like it cause I am such a big movie buff. Brad calls me the Queen of Useless Knowledge.....HA! He knows alot of movies too though.

Left the party around midnight so we could pick up the "lil baby" and then came home. A very nice time!

Today: The baby actually slept until around 9 this morning. She was so cute when she woke up. She has this aqarium crib toy that had a rolling crab on it. She just smacks it and it rolls around and around. She loves it. It makes this whrring sound when she does it..so that is what woke us up this morning. Brad had this crazy look on his face and asked me "What IS that noise?" I had to laugh. Sooooo cute!!! Then we got her and she came and played in the bed with us.

Kenzie came home around noon and we all had lunch together before she went down for her nap. Brad was feeling a little under the weather from the party last night so he took a nap on the couch while I watched Revenge of the Sith. Because I am a Star Wars freak..I always cray during that movie. I hate it when Anakin gets manipulated and turns to the Darkside... I'm a dork I know.

Just kind of goofed off the rest of the day... typical Saturday for us.

2 comments:

Terhune said...

I just don't understand why you cry at the end of that movie. Its the metamorposis of Anakin into Darth Vader and it is awesome!!!

With the completion of "Revenge of the Sith" you can really grasp the fact that both Star War Trilogy's were the story of Darth Vader, his fall and his redemption.

Yeah, Darth Vader is the man!

sherryandkaty said...

Girl, I gotta agree with little bro on this one. Vader's cool! Not as cool as Yoda though :)

Glad you had fun at the party. It's good that you have someone to watch babies so y'all can get out. My red-headed tot is glued to me everywhere I go.