Friday, March 30, 2007

What movies do you REALLY like?

I have watched two of my favorite movies this past week. They are movies that I will watch over and over and over and over and NEVER get tired of watching. We all know the movies you are supposed to like. But what about the ones you REALLY like. Not the pretentious bullshit movies "they" tell you are wonderful, and that you should love, and if you don't love them you are an idiot...but the ones you tell all your friends to go and see, the ones when you find out someone you know hasn't seen, you totally freak out and tell them "YOU HAVE to SEE IT!"

Here are my top 15: They are in no particular order. I can and will watch these movies whenever I catch them on television and/or when I get bored and want to watch something from my home DVD collection. If they are a series I will include all of them unless noted otherwise.

1. The original Star Wars Trilogy (iv, v, vi)
*if you read my blog, you know I am a Star Wars Fanatic......"I've got a bad feeling about this."*

2. Death to Smoochy
*this movie cracks me up, and I think Edward Norton is an awesome actor...."I'm Rainbow Fucking Randolf"*

3. Boogie Nights
*great soundtrack, great story, it has everything..drama, comedy, tragedy, shoot outs, sex, fast cars...what's not to like?....." What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again. "*

4. Clerks
*Kevin Smith is great. I love the characters and the deadpan way they talk. They are such horrible actors, but the movie wouldn't be as good any other way. Jay and Silent Bob crack me up......"I don't care if she is my cousin. I'm knocking those boots again tonight"*

5. The Green Mile
*Tom Hanks with Stephen King....you can't go wrong........"That was a shockin' experence"*

6. Starship Troopers
*Space ships, Scary Alien Bugs, Totally hot guys and gals with guns...need I say more?......"Put your hand on that wall Trooper!"*

7. The Lost Boys
*Vampires, Young Jason Patrick, Young Kiefer, and the Coreys...you can't miss with the Coreys..."Death by Stereo"*

8. Goodfellas
*There is just something about gangster movies I love... Robert Dinero, Joe Pesci, Ray Liotta, and Lorraine Bracco they have an awesome chemistry in this movie......"funny how?"*

9. Night of the Living Dead
*My favorite Zombie flick, I love Zombie flicks almost as much as Vampire movies..but not quite as much....."They're coming for you Barbara."*

10. Steel Magnolias
*I am a southern girl.....need I say more...."Miss Truvy, I promise that my personal tragedy will not interfere with my ability to do good hair."*

11. A Knight's Tale
*Heath Ledger, Heath Ledger, and yeah...Heath Ledger. Medieval Fantasy type movie combined with modern Rock songs, and the fact that Geoffrey Chaucer is a character......"A man can change his stars"*

12. Jaws
*I don't know why I love this movie as much as I do...I have a thing for Spielberg movies......"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

13. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Johnny Depp Version)
*Well, Johnny Depp is my favorite actor and I love Roald Dahl stories, I also think Tim Burton is a genius, not to mention Danny Elfman....."You're really weird."

14. Frailty
*Another movie I don't really know why I like it so much, probably because of the twist in it. Matthew Mc is very cool, so is Bill Paxton as the dad....."We don't kill people, we destroy demons."

15. Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion
*This movie reminds me of Myself and my oldest Best friend from high school. Especially when they are looking in their closet for something to wear to go clubbing......."I don't care if you like us, 'cause we don't like you. You're a bad person with an ugly heart, and we don't give a flying fuck what you think! "

No comments: