Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Vroom Vroom

My four year anniversary is fastly approaching (wedding) and, as a joke, I sent this picture to my husband with the following message:

Here is what I want for our anniversary. :)

Love you,

Lee






For some reason, Brad didn't think it was all that funny. I don't know, maybe my sense of humor is too wierd. I thought it was funny. I mean can you imagine me trying to drag two toddlers around in a Lotus....not to mention the fact that I have driven a stick shift maybe once in my life.

So that started me thinking about the different vehicles I have had so far in my life. I went on Google images and tried to go and find examples of them all...some I found exactly, some were close but harder to find. I thought I would put them up for you guys. AND...I will say a little somethin somethin about each one...maybe even put up a song to go with them. If there is a song, you HAVE to listen to the song while reading the "car story". Thanks for indulging me in this.







This is a 1973 Ford Gran Torino

The car in this picture is almost exactly the same as the one my Dad had, except the color was more of a burnt orange.

I picked the two songs:

1. Bad Bad Leroy Brown: That song ALWAYS makes me think of my dad, and this car was sooooo my dad's car. He used to sing this song all the time, and play it on his guitar.

2. Starsky and Hutch Theme: Yes, this is the "Starsky and Hutch" car, so we had to have the theme song...plus I wanted something with that "wakka wakka" guitar music. Mmmm Mmmm gotta love the 70's. My dad watched the show every week. I remember him watching it because it came on right when I had to go to bed. I can remember watching the opening credits as I told my dad good night.

I wish my parents had NEVER sold this car. It was so totally bad ass, but it was not the greatest ride for a family of five. My most vivid memories of this car: The interior was a light tan leather. It smelled soooooooo good. *to this day I have a thing for the smell of leather....thinking of the Torino made me realize it may have been the reason* I used to stand on the back seat behind the passenger seat and chew on this seam across the passenger seat. I bet it drove my dad crazy that I chewed on his car...but it was something about the smell of the leather... We took that car on vacations, it had a V8 so it even pulled our pop up camper. My dad always kept it nice and clean, shiny whitewalls and all. I used to love to help him wash it. It was also the first car I ever drove. My dad sold it to buy our first big "family" car, and the guy who bought it was about three years ahead of me in school. He totally pimped it out, but we loved knowing that someone was taking good care of our Torino. I wish I still had this car.

I am going to write about the next car later... this post is getting too long, and I gots something else I want to talk about. So....to be continued.

No comments: