Monday, August 14, 2006

Thinking way too hard

I mourned my twenties yesterday. It was a weird moment. Normally I wouldn't miss those years too much. I goofed off in college and got pulled out of school. I dated some total losers. I partied way too much *hence the goofing off and losers stuff*. I also got married for the first time and got divorced. I went to college, nursing school, and college again. Waited tables, waited tables, clerked, secretaried, and oh yeah...waited tables. It was an interesting decade for me. So what happened yesterday that made me feel all melancholy about those times?

I saw someone that reminded me of myself during that time period and it made me think about it all. How much of that time I wasted and can't get back now...and really how much of that time I had a total blast. I was sad that those times were over and I couldn't go back. How cool would it be if you could go back in time, look like you did way back when, but have the wisdom of your years. You probably would't have as much fun. Ha ha! It would still be cool to do though. So, I had a moment, but I got over it....because really once going through all that crap is really enough and I love where I am now.

I guess what I'm getting at is: it's okay for someone to miss the person they were way back when sometimes, and I'm sure that everyone does sometimes. But it's not okay to get all mired in the past. You gotta live in the present.

Thinking about those time just made me realize how much I appreciate where I am today.

1 comment:

Ian said...

I like getting mired in the past, but I like getting mired in the future even better.

Ian