Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Hone-ee, My Hone-ee

Pronounced like Phoney..... That is what my 2 year old calls My Little Pony. We had a My Little Pony themed birthday party for them this year. I haven't put up any pictures from the party because I am waiting for my in-laws to send me the one's they took.

I am going to put up pictures of the birthday cake I made instead. It was a work of love and my first attempt at a blue horse, so give me a break. I think it actually turned out pretty good for a first attempt at so large a cake. It took 3 cake mixes to make this sucker.

Here is a picture of the Pony I used as my "model".




Here is my cake:

Cake when first cut to make horse shape

Parts that got wasted: I am on a diet....

Mmmmmm.....FROSTING!...before it turned blue.

Starting to look like Rainbow Dash...

We have color...the mane and face are added

And here is the finished product....what do you think?

2 comments:

Lana said...

Wow, I'm impressed! I can't wait to see the pictures of the party. I'm sure the girls had a wonderful time.

sherryandkaty said...

You did a great job!