I signed up over at Velvet Girl's Blog: Secret Suburban Misfit to be interviewed. Here are the five questions she asked me and my answers. If you want to participate follow the directions at the end of the post! Thanks Velvet, this was fun!
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
As usual it was my brother’s fault. My two brothers and I have been pretty much into the whole internet gaming and chatting world since the mid 90’s. One of my bro’s stumbled upon the whole blogging thing and made one. He sent me the link and I started reading his blog. Surfed around and read a few others. I liked what I was seeing. I have kept a journal off and on since I was 12 so why not take the next step and blog for the whole wide world to see. Besides, my husband says I have a weird need to make my thoughts public….a blog works for that.
2. Do you share your blog with your friends or family? Why or why not?
I do share my blog with friends and family. Just not ALL friends and family. When I first started the blog I was using it as a venting tool. I was dealing with some crazy hormonal and emotional issues *post partem* and it was a good release for me. Unfortunately some things I said were maybe too personal for some folks and things got nasty and it created some problems. So….now I am more careful about who knows about the blog, and I am also more careful about what I say. I am not anonymous here and I do talk about my children…. There are times when I would really really like to rip someone a new you know what, but I hold back now. Besides there are so many things to talk about that are interesting I don’t have to go there….
3. You're granted the superpower of your choice. What do you choose and why?
Well, I like to get my way…*who doesn’t?* so, I would have to say telekinesis.
I could read people’s minds. Manipulate them from what I learned to get my way. I could move things with my mind…hopefully myself included…that way I could fly too. Sort of like Jean Grey in X-Men….but I would be much cooler than her..she always seemed to be such a wuss to me.
4. If you could share one thing or time from your childhood with your own children, what or when would it be and why?
I’ve thought about this question a lot. It is the reason it has taken me a few days to post my answers. After thinking about it I finally decided on a thing…
Family is so important to me. Not just immediate family but extended. I have always been surrounded by my extended family. We all keep in touch. I always thought that was how everyone’s family was until I got older. I want my girls to think this way, to know the love of so many people surrounds them. I want them to know where they come from and the history of the family. So…..
My great uncle had a cabin on the Arkansas River. We would go there in the summer several times for huge family gatherings. I’m talking grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, friends… There would be forty to fifty people sometimes. It was so much fun! We would water ski, tube, swim, play games, and just visit with one another. There was always so much food. Catfish, chicken, homemade french fries, homemade pickles, homemade ice cream, ham, cakes, pies, cookies…every age group was there. From the babies to the great grands….those times helped me create bonds with family members I wouldn’t have known otherwise. How many people consider their 3rd cousins one of their best friends growing up? How many people know if they have a 3rd cousin? Hee hee! I wish I could recreate that for my girls…just be able to take them back in time for one of those days on the river. It would be awesome to be able to introduce them to everyone that is no longer with us. To let the girls meet them in person instead of just having them look at a photo.
5. You can invite five living people to meet for dinner. Who would you choose?
This one is hard too…. It’s the living part that’s hard if you would have said dead I wouldn’t have had any trouble. I’m not picking anyone political or religious because those things just aren’t fun to talk about in a mixed group setting. This would be my party and I want to have fun! Also, there are no other women…this is my party and I don’t want to have to do the whole competition thing with another woman for the attention…and you women know what I mean!
1. Being the Star Wars geek that I am: George Lucas. Not even going to go into it because if you read my blog at all you know I’m a nerd.
2. Stephen King: I bet he would be so interesting to talk to. I’ve read almost everything he’s written and I would love to talk to him about several of his stories/ novels.
3. My Dad: because he’d like to meet these people too….and he’s cool to hang out with.
4. Johnny Depp: I would just like to meet him and chat. I like the quirkyness of the roles he plays, yet the kind of bad boy image he has had in real life. He seems very serious in his interviews and such the dad now… not to mention I think he is totally hot.
5. Dave Matthews: because I love his music and his stories. He would be fun to have around.
If you wish to do this meme, ...
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your weblog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.