Saturday, January 17, 2009

I have been seriously reading again. My husband thinks I'm crazy the way I read. I read two, three, sometimes four books at a time. He doesn't understand how I can go back and forth between them. I don't know how I do it, I just do it.

I never finished the Gunslinger books by Stephen King so this summer I decided to go back to the beginning and read them all. I just finished reading "Wizard and Glass" tonight. I had put this one off for a couple of months because I knew the first time I read it I was a crying mess at the end. I just didn't want to get to that again so soon. I finally made myself sit down and start reading. I guess having two pre-schoolers running around at the climax of the story doesn't lend to crying uncontrollably. I teared up, but definitely did not have the waterworks from the past. So...now it's on to "Wolves of the Calla", and that will be the first of the series that I have not read.

I plan on starting "Child 44" tomorrow sometime. It is supposed to be very good. Not my usual type of book, but I'm trying to expand my genres.

I am also currently reading "The Hollow Hills" and "The Road". It is a wide variety of books. Maybe that is how I can read so many at one time.

I just love, love, love, love, LOVE to read. I would probably rather do that than almost anything else. I can't wait to get some bookshelves in my house so I can get out all my books again. I miss having my books out. I don't like the fact that I can't "get to them". It will happen...I just have to be patient.

3 comments:

Ian said...

I just bought new books tonight! It's such a magical feeling, to have qhundreds of fresh pages you've never experienced before. :-)

elizinashe said...

Dude, you've totally got to read Christopher Moore. It's an easy read, very twisted in a comical way and just out there...I'll send you some copies. He's laugh out loud funny. So good to talk to you and see you posting again.
I love you muches!!

Living said...

Oh I do the same thing with books! :D