Friday, February 23, 2007

Flashback Friday?

In an effort to keep from being too boring, and to keep me from becoming lazy on here I have decided to try a "day" again. I am going to try making Fridays: "Flashback Fridays".

I have kept a journal of some kind since I was 12 years old. So....my idea is to pick a day of the year...doesn't matter what and to find an old entry to talk about. I will take date suggestion from you my wonderful readers. Pick a day that has some significance to you and I'll see what I can come up with for that day or as close to it as I can get. There are huge gaps in my writing when I just didn't do it.

Tell me what you think and if you are up to suggesting days.

Today I am going to share with you something I wrote 2/19/1997 or '98. I was married to my first husband and taking some grad classes. It was written at 2:00 am in the morning. Amazing that I was up that late....I can't remember when I've seen 2 am in the past 4 or 5 years and not been pissed that I was awake.

A Good Day

Do you ever have one of those really good days? I guess they would probably be different for everyone. My good days are usually on Thursdays. I usually wake up early, in a good mood. I have time to dress nice, put on a little make-up and fix my hair. I always feel really good about myself when I have time to look nice. I gain an air of self-confidence.

Usually on my happy days the sun is out. I love sunshine. Not just how some people enjoy sunny days, I mean I really love it. I love the way it feels on my skin and hair, warming me even on the coldest days. It's as if the sun lays a warm blanket across my arms. I can put on my sunglasses and stay outside in the sun for hours.

I get to school and I usually have to walk a pretty good ways to class. It doesn't matter, I'm having a good day and nothing bothers me. I smile at the people I pass and they always seem to smile back. The air smells fresh and clean and if there is a small breeze, I'm in heaven.

I tend to relate certain types of days to sports. In the spring when the wind is blowing, the air is fresh and cool, and t he sun is shining, I always think of running track. In the fall when the dusty smell of falling leaves blows through the wind I always think of football. It's a nostalgic feeling, but not one of sadness. it is a nostalgia of great times. Playing basketball with my brothers, jumping hurdles on the black asphalt, or sitting in the bleachers with the band waiting for the team to run out.

Good memories for a great day.

3 comments:

sherryandkaty said...

How about May 18, 1990? That was the day I graduated. My senior year was sad because all of y'all graduated a year before me and I had to make new friends.

Lee said...

Sherry,
I will try and see what I can find for that day. I'm gonna have to go dig up that journal in the basement..lucky for you I kinda know where it is. :)
Whether or not it will be suitable for public viewing is another matter. HA!

Lee

Carol Blymire said...

I'll take August 19. Any year. :)