Tuesday, June 27, 2006

It has been so long since I have written anything. I swear it seems like the past two weeks have been so busy busy busy! Last week I taught Vacation Bible School every morning....well every morning except Wednesday. Kenzie came down with a fever and I had to stay home with her that day. Poor little thing, I hate it when either of them get sick. They look so terrible and pathetic. I just wish I could make it all better right then.

I have also been working on the church's webpage. Sheesh....trying to move everything from the old one to the new one is taking some time. It's so much easier to work with the material on the new site though.

The softball game was rained out last night so...we all met and had drinks and dinner at the Brewery. It was a lot of fun! There were two other couples and two single folks there. Much laughing and talking and goofing off. It was nice to go out with adults again and blow off some steam. We need that every now and then. It's really nice that the grandparents will keep the girls for us so we CAN go out.

I've had a couple of ideas for stories. I wrote one of them down and I have been working it over and over in my head. Trying to come up with an original angle. The other story idea I got from a dream I had last night. I think it's pretty original...my dreams are usually pretty freaking weird. We'll see if I come up with anything good out of it. I have answered the challenge from Ian to try and write a short novel over July. Perhaps one of these ideas will pan out for me in some way.

Our garden is looking awesome. When I get the chance I will take some pictures of our beautiful flowers and my fantabulous broccoli plant that is growing! I am so proud of my broccoli. It's goofy, but since it's the first time I've tried to grow broccoli it's just sort of special. I can't wait to eat it!

Lyanna had started trying to talk. She can say "Hi", "no", and a version of "uh oh". She kind of gets stuck on the Uh part....uh uh uh uh oooooooo. It's pretty darn cute. She has also started eating Cheerios and can take about 3 steps before falling on her bottom. I'm not going to have a lil baby anymore!!!!!! I'm happy they are learning but I'm sad too. I'm going to miss my "babies".

2 comments:

Ian said...

My oldest son is already four feet tall and growing like a weed! When did THAT happen?!

You still going to do the Hundred Day Novel?

I

Lee said...

I am going to give it a good try. :)