Sunday, June 04, 2006


I know, I know, I haven't been writing. I don't know what's wrong with me. The girls are doing well and as always there are things to tell about them. I just don't seem to have the motivation lately to write. Everytime I get to where I can sit down at the computer I just say "BLEH" to myself. Today I am not saying "BLEH". Today I am sitting my ass down and making myself write. I have done some pretty cool things since the last entry.







I have to say that I'm loving the map thingy. Thanks for leaving me a lil note Jessica and Ian! I just wonder who all the anonymous peeps are that aren't speaking...?










So, I'm probably just going to ramble some today...get ready.

These next few paragraphs are going to be Star Wars related, if you don't like Star Wars just skip down to the next color. Thank you, and drive thru please.

I watched "Return of the Sith" again last night. For those of you not in the know...that is the last Star Wars movie...or the 3rd in the series..depends on how you look at it...

I really tried to sit and read my book instead of watching the movie, but I couldn't help it, I had to watch. That movie is like sitting there watching a train about to wreck. You know what's going to happen but you have to watch anyway, no matter how gruesome or upsetting the ending is going to be. AND YES, I cried again. I am such a dork. I cry every time in the same part. When Anakin gets his butt lit up by the lava, and Obi Wan gives him the line about supposed to be the chosen one. That just gets me every time.

I also did some thinking...you can totally tell that a MAN wrote the story. Here is Padame having her babies and they come up with "she has lost the will to live". I have some issues with this. Padame is not a weak person. Yes, she is connected to Anakin emotionally, spiritually, and it would seem physically..but I don't think she would puss out and give up the will to live. She has these two new babies coming into the world and I just can't help but think she would want to do everything she could to be there for them. Not to abandon them with everything all crazy like it is at the end of the movie. She should be fighting to stay alive and take care of her babies. I don't know very many strong women/ mom's who wouldn't fight. But...if George wants us to think that she is so connected to Anakin that knowing he has turned to the darkside she gives up....and/or...he wants us to think that since the "good" Anakin has died she dies as well...I guess I'll just have to live with it. Maybe I just don't want all the characters I like to die.

Okay, that's the end of my Star Wars rant today.

A couple of my friends from church at totally into scrapbooking. They are slowly dragging me into their world. I fought it as long as I could, but Brad kind of started pushing me into it as well. He wanted me to have something to do with some other women that would be fun. I like doing artsy fartsy stuff like that so I finally gave in and agreed to go to one of the scrapbooking days. It's fun. I started a book for Lyanna. I wanted to do something nice with all her things from her birth and first year since we were idiot parents and deleted her birth video. zzzzzzzzzzzzz Ugh, I get sick to my stomach every time I think about that. This past weekend we had a "sleepover". Hee hee a bunch of grown women spending the night together scrapbooking. It was a good time. We had a chance to hang out and talk and we got a lot of stuff done on our projects.

Lets see what else has been happening? Took the girls to the pool for the first time last week. They did great. Kenzie is just the little busy body. She goes in and out, in and out of the baby pool. She goes and visits with everyone and checks out what they have brought. Lyanna is such a good girl and just sits and plays in the water. They are pretty darn cute...but I'm not biased or anything.

Hrmm..Lastly, I took these pictures about 3 hours ago. They are of our flower/veggie garden and back patio. Look at all that ice!!! It looks like we took a bag of ice and dumped it out in our garden! We had a crazy storm come through and it just hailed and hailed. I hope that it didn't kill any of our veggies. I th
ought it looked cool to have an icy yard in the second week of June.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Agree with you re: the problem with Padme kicking it the way she did. If I had written it (would that I had! Cha-ching!), I would have changed the timeline of events slightly...

1. Padme delivers the twins with Obi-Wan. Anakin is not present yet.

2. Padme orders Obi-Wan to hide the children from Anakin; he complies. She promises she will come for them as soon as she can.

3. Anakin bursts in, sees Obi-Wan and Padme in a conceivably compromising position, and goes batshit nuts. He then KILLS Padme (I thought it would be more fittingly tragic if she died directly at his hand instead of indirectly).

4. Then on to the big fight, "you suck!" "you suck worse!" "cheating bastard!" "failure!" "kick your ass! *slip* Nooooooo!"

None of that "high ground" garbage, either.

Something like that.

I