I was reading some of the other blogs I have in my list and they got me to thinking...the one that really got to me was Bernie. I think there were about 3 different posts that I hadn't read before that were all dealing with the past and just life in general. How we meet people randomly, how different things affect us long term..etc.
I feel like I have had two lives. The one before I met Brad and the one since. I'm going to answer the meme that several of my blogger buddies have done and then I may elaborate more on the "two lives" thingy.
TEN Random Things You May Not Know About Me:
1. I was married before Brad for 6 years.
2. I can play the french horn.
3. I was almost an RN. I had one semester of school left but dropped out to go back to college and get my English degree
4. My two younger brothers are identical twins.
5. I am a fount of useless trivia type knowledge.
6. I have played English Handbells since I was 9 years old
7. I was a goth type girl in college..but that was before everyone called it goth..most people just called us the weirdo/freaky people. When my first husband met me I had pink hair....
8. I have a large collection of comic books...from the early 90's. Mostly Marvel titles. My ex ripped off a lot of my rare comics when we divided our stuff up
9. I can not do math...of any kind. Seriously..I have to double check addition, and I couldn't tell time on a regular clock until I was around 16.
10. According to my friends here in Ohio, I have an awesome southern accent.
NINE Places I've Visited:
1. Merida, Mexico
2. Tampa, Florida
3. New York City
4. Gettysburg, PA
5. Mobile, AL
6. Reno, NV
8. Washington, D.C.
9. Hot Springs, AR
EIGHT Ways to Win My Heart:
1. Really listen to me
2. Be open and honest
3. Bring me Flowers, yes that does work.
4. Laugh with me
5. Take pride in yourself, but don't be cocky
6. Love children
7. Surprise me sometimes
8. Educate yourself, and love God
SEVEN Things I Want to Do Before I Die:
1. Go to Greece
2. Publish something that I have written
3. Be a Grandma
4. Learn to snow ski
5. Be a good teacher
6. Learn to drive a stick..I know I know...
7. Teach my girls to be strong, intelligent, loving, successful women.
SIX Things I'm Afraid Of:
1. Something bad happening to my girls
2. How I will react when the first really close family member dies. I have been very lucky that the only close person I have lost in my life is my dad's mom. Unfortunately she and I lived across the country from each other and our relationship wasn't as close as it could have been.
3. Failure of any kind
4. Anthing that flies and has a stinger
5. Closed in spaces
FIVE Things I Don't Like:
1. Overly Loud people who try to be the center of attention
2. Strawberry ice cream or cake...UGH!!
3. Cleaning chemicals on my hands..it freaks me out
4. Most Country Music
5. Folding Laundry
FOUR Ways to Turn Me Off:
1. Be an ass in front of my family
2. Ignore my feelings
4. Be too dependent
THREE Things I Do Every Day:
1. Make my bed
3. Wash my hands
TWO Things that Make Me Happy:
1. Laughing with my girls
2. The smell of Fall
ONE Thing On My Mind Right Now:
1. My upcoming visit home in two weeks. I want to have a good visit with my family but am a little aprehensive because the past few times with the family have been stressful for me...stupid anxiety...